SAVE THE DATE
First time in Chile: Get the latest gist and learn advanced techniques in Glyphs.
Glyphs Pro Day
Viernes 3 enero 2020
Rainer Erich Scheichelbauer
Santiago de Chile
(precise location t.b.a.)
- How much?
- For whom?
This workshop assumes some experience in type design and/or font production.
Bring your MacBook with Glyphs 2 preinstalled.
Reuse shapes efficiently, understand interpolation, produce valid static and variable fonts, and make sure your font files are pristine.
Learn how to produce a large font family:
- draw shapes efficiently
- manage compounds
- use corner components for serifs
- interpolate shapes with multiple masters
- create different axes
- understand the difference between masters and instances
- maintain glyph compatibility
- export your interpolation as static and variable fonts
- find good style distributions
- plug-ins & scripts: find and install useful app extensions
- test your font
- QA: find mistakes or avoid them from the start