Typearture Color Variable Font Workshop
Extra dates due to popular demand! Typearture workshops are the coolest thing since sliced bread. Colors! Variable fonts! Animation! Geek out completely… 👏 you 👏 can’t 👏 miss 👏 this 👏
Variable Font Workshop with Typearture
Thu 9, Fri 10, Sat 11 July 2020. Our virtual doors open at 9:45 a.m., we start at 10:00 a.m. CEST. The workshop will be recorded and available for attendees to watch back, to one week after the workshop.
As the workshop is split over three days, in sessions of 2 hours, we will spend day one looking at some of the key things you need to know about variable fonts and start creating or own. In day two we look at the results of day one and introduce color fonts. On day three we look at each other’s color font results and learn how to implement the fonts in HTML/CSS.
- Introduction: what are variable fonts, how does it work, what are the possibilities?
- Glyphs app: how to create a letter, how to make it variable?
- Creation: design one or more characters in Glyphs
- Implementation: export to a variable font file, set up CSS and HTML page
- Playing: test and refine the variable font
Arthur Reinders Folmer (a.k.a. Typearture)
Everyone interested in typeface design and technology. Max participants: 25.
Your Mac, a vector drawing program, the Zoom app, and Glyphs. The workshop comes with an extended trial version of the Glyphs application.