Glyphs at BITS MMXIV in Bangkok
At the BITS MMXIV Conference in Bangkok, Georg will give both a workshop and a stage presentation. Don’t miss it.
Make your own Thai font with Glyphs.app
- Workshop with Georg Seifert
- Where: TCDC Auditorium B
- When: Friday, 14 November, 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm
- Available seats: 20
- No prior experience in type design required, but some experience with vector graphics useful (e.g. Illustrator, Sketch or Freehand)
- Bring your MacBook with OS X 10.7 or higher, with Glyphs.app installed, and Adobe InDesign for testing
- Bring pencil and paper for sketching
This workshop will explore what Glyphs, the ‘font editor for everyone’, can do for Thai type design: We will create a new Thai OpenType font, add and draw the necessary letters, as well as export and test it. Georg will show you many useful tips and tricks for streamlining your font production.
Why does Glyphs support Thai?
- Presentation by Georg Seifert
- Where: BACC, 5th floor auditorium, Bangkok
- When: Sunday, 16 November, 2:00 pm
‘The story why I started making Glyphs, why it was easy to support Asian languages and what I learned on the way.’
Read all details on the BITS MMXIV Conference. Or watch the trailer, or visit the BITS FaceBook page, or better yet, get your ticket while you can.