Letter&Co. is an intensive ten days full-time program that takes place
in Berlin online between 24 July and 2 August, 2020. Spend two weeks in Berlin, and create your display font in two weeks, under the guidance of renown lettering artist and type designer Martina Flor. It doesn’t get any better than this.
24 July — 2 August, 2020
10 days, full-time
In these intensive two weeks, learn how to:
- Create a unique concept for an alphabet through lettering and letter drawing techniques.
- Master digital techniques and tools to work with letter shapes on a digital environment.
- Use modern software practices to create your working font.
- How to market your font.
online program (details t.b.a.)
Workshops and critique sessions with renowned professionals and expert instructors in the areas of calligraphy, lettering, type design and font engineering:
Martina Flor (Studio Martina Flor)
Rainer Erich Scheichelbauer (Glyphs, Schriftlabor)
Sol Matas (Hungry Type Society)
Dan Reynolds (Type Off)
Ulrike Rausch (Liebe Fonts)
Elias Prado (Studio Martina Flor)
Bianca Berning (DaltonMaag)
The program is open to designers, lettering artists, illustrators, students and professionals of all levels of expertise.
The EUR 1980 tuition fee includes the Letter&Co. program, a studio space to work, workshops and all materials needed, guided visits to local museums and libraries.
You need to bring your computer and your mouse or tablet, with Adobe Illustrator installed. All other necessary materials and complimentary software licenses will be provided.
Basic skills of Adobe Illustrator and the Adobe Creative Suite is recommended, specifically vector drawing. Knowledge of Glyphs is a plus.
Places are limited. Application deadline is midnight on April 26th, 2020.
Candidates are asked to submit the following application materials to hello at letter dash co dot com with the subject heading “Letter&Co. Application – your name”. Your e-mail should include a single PDF (DIN A4, print resolution, maximum 10 pages / 20 MB) including the following information and material:
- Personal information: your full name, phone number, e-mail address and postal address.
- A brief letter describing your experience and interest in display type and lettering (250 words maximum).
- A portfolio of relevant visual projects (max. 6 projects). A link to your online portfolio is also possible.
- A list of any relevant courses you’ve taken (including institutional).