What’s New in Glyphs 2.0 at DaltonMaag in London
Beginning of May, Glyphs team member Rainer Erich Scheichelbauer will give a one-day rundown on what’s new in the latest version of the app at the Dalton Maag office in London. This is a hands-on presentation and workshop for type designers.
What’s New in Glyphs 2.0
- Who: Rainer Erich Scheichelbauer
- When: 7 May, 11.00 am thru 7.00 pm (with coffee and lunch breaks)
- Where: Dalton Maag, 8th Floor, Blue Star House, 234-240 Stockwell Road, London SW9 9SP
- Price: GBP 70
- Language: English
- Prerequisites: prior experience in Glyphs 1.x or any other type design software
- If you want to try out stuff live, bring your MacBook with OS X 10.9.5 or later. Glyphs 2.0 runs great on OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
- Limited seating: 10 places
- Interested? Please send an e-mail to Rainer Erich directly: res (at) glyphsapp (dot) com.
Topics covered will include:
Controlling paths: curvature (fit curve, harmonizing curve segments), overlaps.
Re-using shapes: components, smart components, smart corners & caps.
Diacritics: combining marks and dynamic mark attachment.
Controlling metrics: automatic alignment, linked sidebearings, kerning.
Batch processing: filters, custom parameters.
OpenType features: automated and customized feature code.
Interpolation: multiple master, brackets, braces.
Screen optimization: PS & TT hinting, automatic and manual.
Font formats: exporting CFF/OTF, TTF, webfonts.
Color fonts: working on multiple layers.
Extend the app: scripts and plugins.