Friday 6 July 2018, for the first time in Paris, Georg Seifert and Rainer Erich Scheichelbauer will conduct a Glyphs app workshop called Variable Font day open to everyone interested in typeface design, fonts, technology. This is a joint effort with Glyphs, unrelated to the 5-week summer course and open to every one.
Variable Font Day
Friday 6 July
Rainer Erich Scheichelbauer
(Address to be confirmed at registration.)
- How much?
- For whom?
The Variable Font Day is unrelated to the TypeParis 5-week summer course and open to every one.
Bring your MacBook with Glyphs 2 preinstalled.
Learn how to create Variable Fonts with Glyphs. Glyphs core team Georg Seifert and Rainer Erich Scheichelbauer will hold a Variable Font Day at TypeParis. A unique chance for all local type designers to be able to learn all the unique features of their fantastic tool.
- create a variable font from scratch
- convert an existing Multiple Master setup into a Variable Font
- prepare outlines for glyph variations
- trace down and fix errors, avoid potential pitfalls
- optional settings (custom parameters)
- useful scripts and plug-ins for the workflow
- export and test in AI and web browsers
- animate a glyph in a web browser (the fun part!)
You will be taken through a Variable Font workflow, with ample opportunity for questions and feedback. The first part will focus on Variable Font. As the focus will be Variable Font, Multiple Master technology, interpolation, and all the small details who makes the difference. On the part two, more general topics about Glyphs will be addressed. A very good opportunity to meet the Glyphs core team and share your suggestions, and questions about font design, production.