Dutch type design legend Martin Majoor and experienced Argentinian type designer Sol Matas will conduct a two-week workshop for Typofest in Bulgaria. Best chance to kickstart your type design this year. Seriously. Participants receive an extended trial license and can purchase their own full license at a discount.
Typoclass Bozhentsi 2018
13 – 24 August, 2018
Sol Matas and Martin Majoor
Architectural reserve Bozhentsi, Gabrovo, Bulgaria
- How much?
- Participation in the workshop – about 500 Euro
- Accommodation – 100 Euro
- Food – about 100 Euro
- Rental of the work space – about 50 Euro
Attention: prices are indicative and will be finalized after the final number of participants has been specified!
- For whom?
Max 12 participants
Bring your MacBook with Glyphs 2 preinstalled.
Contact Boril Karaivanov:
boril at typofest dot bg
Starting with sketches at the beginning, participants will finish with font files. Expect nine long days full of lectures, exercises and discussions on all important issues related to the design and production of the type. The workshop is suitable for beginner designers tempted by the font design and for experienced professionals who want to develop their skills.
- August 13 – Arrival and accommodation of the participants.
- August 14–18 – Analogue part in which Martin will emphasize the importance of writing, drawing and designing on paper.
- August 19 – Rest and sightseeing in the area.
- August 20–23 – A digital part in which Sol will reveal the subtleties of working with the popular Glyphs App font editor.
- August 24 – Departure of the participants.