Variable Font Workshop with Typearture ↗
‘On February 4-6, 2021 we organize our fourth workshop about variable fonts. Workshop leader Arthur Reinders Folmer from Typearture will introduce you to the variable font technology and teach you how to create your own working font and how to implement it in HTML/CSS.’
Variable Font Workshop with Typearture
Thu-Sat 4–6 February 2021, 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm CET
- Introduction: what are variable fonts, how does it work, what are the possibilities?
- Glyphs app: how to create a letter, how to make it variable?
- Creation: design one or more characters in Glyphs
- Implementation: export to a variable font file, set up CSS and HTML page
- Playing: test and refine the variable font
As the workshop is split over three days, in sessions of 2 hours, we will spend day one looking at some of the key things you need to know about variable fonts and start creating or own. In day two we look at the results of day one and introduce color fonts. On day three we look at each other’s color font results and learn how to implement the fonts in HTML/CSS.
Arthur Reinders Folmer
everyone interested in typeface design and technology
A vector drawing program, the Zoom app, and Glyphs. The workshop comes with an extended trial version of the Glyphs.
All info and registration available on https://workshops.dahm.nl/