Two weeks of daily live videos, personal feedback and more. From sketches on paper to digital production of multiple weights in Glyphs 3.
Participants receive an extended trial license and can purchase their own full license at a discount.
Type Design Course
Online Classes are every day of the week,
Monday till Friday:
- 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. EST: Live video lessons
- 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. EST: Asssignment hours
- 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST: Personal feedback, Q&A sessions
Create your own professional looking (variable) fonts. From paper to digital.
- Step-by-step daily live video lessons so that you can quickly and easily create your first fonts
- Two weeks of personal feedback on your design and process so that you get that extra help you need
- Free access to our community page so that you can see what other students are making and find a ton of information about typography, licensing, distribution, pricing and presentation.
Week 1 with Viktor Baltus:
This week is all about drawing different letterforms by hand and getting those pages filled with upper- and lowercase letters, digits and punctuation marks. You’ll be able to sketch along with the daily live video calls in the morning and work during the day on your own set of characters. You can ask questions and get personal feedback on your designs. We will go over the process of getting the metrics right, adding different serif forms, understanding and creating a base you can easily apply to any style of typeface.
Week 2 with Ulrike Rausch:
Let’s go digital! You’ll be able to work on the digital versions of your font sketches along with the daily live video calls in the morning and work during the day on your own font. You can ask questions and get personal feedback on your designs and Ulrike will guide you through the interface of Glyphs 3 where you’ll be able to make fonts in different weights.
Beginners and intermediate
English (Dutch and German in a pinch)