This 2-day workshop will get you up and running in the programming language Python. You will be able to use it for automating tasks in Glyphs.app and extending its functionality. Granted, you will not know everything by heart, but you will know where to look and thus be able to write Python scripts on your own.
Python with Glyphs.app
- When: Thursday 22 May and Friday 23 May, 9.30-18.00
- Where: Hörsaal 3.8, Urania, Vienna
- Who: Rainer Erich Scheichelbauer (mekkablue)
- Language: English
- Costs: EUR 220 excl.VAT, please provide your VAT number for the invoice.
- Registration is open, seating is limited to 10 attendees
I assume no prior knowledge of Python or any other scripting language. But I do assume you have used Glyphs.app before. If you want to buy a book on Python, I recommend: Mark Lutz, Python Pocket Reference, 4th Edition. O’Reilly 2010.
Thursday 22 May
- Understanding Python: variables, loops, functions, etc.
- Writing a report script
- Modifying font attributes
- Creating and modifying glyphs
- Python Objective-C Bridge: fiddling around with app functions
Friday 23 May
- Creating a user interface
- Writing a simple Glyphs reporter plugin (extension to the View menu)