Finally, good news for 2020. Save the dates: 4 and 9 December. Two days dedicated to multiple font masters, understanding interpolation, and creating variable fonts.
READSEARCH Variable Font Workshop
Friday 4 December 2020, 10:30–17:00 CET
Wednesday 9 December 2020, 11:30–17:30 CET
Including 1 hour lunch break
Go from mere vectors to interpolation for creating a full font family. Learn how to:
- set up multiple interpolatable masters,
- set up and export instances,
- find a a good weight distribution for your instances,
- understand and circumvent interpolation problems such as kinks and shapeshifters,
- set up intermediate masters (‘brace layers’) and alternate masters (‘bracket layers’)
- export a variable font from your MM setup,
- make feature code react to axis positions (feature variations),
- understand advanced variable font settings,
- make your variable font work in Adobe apps,
- test your variable fonts.
Online workshop (via Microsoft Teams)
Rainer Scheichelbauer, Glyphs team member
This is not a total beginner’s workshop. Some experience with type design and/or font engineering expected, however no experience about interpolation required.
EUR 90 participation fee (max 15 seats)
Free for students and alumni of PXL-MAD School of Arts
Send an e-mail to res at glyphsapp dot com. If you are a PXL-MAD student, please get in touch with Ann Bessemans and María Pérez Mena.