Five days for four scripts in Thailand: meet local script experts, become familiar with lettering and hand writing in the scripts, understand different typographic conventions, and get to know the ins and outs of font production for Southeast Asian writing systems. And enjoy the evenings at the beach.
Participants receive an extended trial license and can purchase their own full license at a discount.
Southeast Asian Font Workshop
Monday 1 through Friday 5 October,
Hua Hin, Prachuap Khiri Khan province,
(workshop venue t.b.a.)
- How much?
- For whom?
For font designers of all skill levels who want to learn how to design fonts for Southeast Asia.
Bring your MacBook with Glyphs 2 preinstalled, pencils and paper.
Send an e-mail to verena at glyphsapp dot com, ask about ‘Southeast Asian Font Workshop’.
- Share knowledge with experienced professionals from different countries.
- See the different styles of writing and what they’re used for.
- Understand the character set for each script, what the letters look like and how they work together.
- Develop a concept for a type family including all four scripts and get feedback on suitability.
- Learn where to start with each script. Sketch key characters to give your design a clear direction.
- Go deeper into each script, extending the glyph set with support from professionals. Identify common difficulties and how to get things right.